Sunday, July 25, 2010



it was raining. the freeze air kept me comfortable curled under my warm blanket. the sound of old school songs from the radio accompanied me, loosen my tired mind after a whole hectic day. the only absence was a mug of hot tea. i just closed my eyes, tried to relax all of my body parts, felt the music penetrating, sought to get rid all of weary things in my thought - some deadlines i should finish tomorrow, my uncertain love story, my future, bla…bla..bla…
it was raining. after played kitaro’s caravansary, the broadcaster discussed about rain. memories we had about it. one caller said that she had first love story when it was raining, at a bus stop. another caller said that rain is cold, wet, and full of mud everywhere, means that she hates it. another one responded that rain is a time for staying warm in our room, hot chocolate and fried banana fresh from the pan!
still closing my eyes, i browsed my brain to look for my own memories with rain. overtime, i keep on saying that i like rain, but i don’t know exactly the reasons why. does it due to the sentimental mood it creates? such a strange cannot-be-described circumstance – combination of tranquility and sadness? my friend calls it romantic! i name it blue-grey moment. it feels that you lost in space and time. it gives time to reflect our live. rain always gives a chance to me to stop for a while from my routines, my works, my problems. or just let me to enjoy it without even thinking anything. so peacefully, indeed (except the thunder, of course, hehehe).
it was still raining. i still closed my eyes. the radio kept on playing old songs. and i was still wondering why i do like rain. perhaps, especially at nights, rain always plays its lullaby music for me. the rain still falling but i’ve already fallen asleep.
next morning, while having my breakfast, i turned on my tv, and saw news about floods in several places in our beloved country!

the cadence of rain drops
the cadence of rain drops


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment